- MediFacts has designed the menu driven, permissions controlled system processes around pre-encounter activities for patients and office staff, the patient- physician encounter, the post encounter activities, and billing.
- Typical pre-encounter activities designed to make the physician well informed for the encounter step might include appointments, demographics, insurance, legal notifications, patient history including medications, allergies, past diagnoses, vital signs, relevant lab work, smoking habits, and any other information the Patient wishes to communicate to the physician.
- Typical encounter activities might include reviewing patient history including medications, allergies, past diagnoses, vital signs, relevant lab work, smoking habits, and any other information the Patient wishes to communicate to the physician with the patient, recording the physician's patient diagnosis, dispensing lab orders, ordering prescriptions, recording the physicians encounter notes, and dictation.
- Typical post encounter activities might include rescheduling, setting automated appointment reminders, printing patient information about their condition, printing drug information, reporting of applicable information to the CDC or state bodies as required by local, state, and Federal laws, and dictation uploading.
- Typical billing activities might include collecting co-pays or other fees associated with the encounter and the physician closing the encounter on the system in preparation for an insurance claim.
Lower Cost of Ownership